Pages

Sunday, September 11, 2011

Random Thoughts

It is hard for me to write tonight for my randomness in my thought processes. Here are a few of the things on my mind.
  • Chad finally was told on Thursday that he would be leaving on Saturday for Singapore. That meant he would be flying on 9/11. I know that he would not be in the US and would probably be safer than most Americans on 9/11, but this mother was still worried. Five P.M. Saturday, I got the text he was boarding his plane. Basically for the next 25 hours I stared at my phone until I got the text message, "made it safe," from Chad.
  • This weekend is the six year anniversary of Mother's passing away. As I have stated many times,  I am so grateful to have been raised by Bennie Henderson Scoggins. To borrow from one of my earlier posts about her - she was the epitome of a lady - a Christian lady, at that. 
  • 9/11/01 Memories of ten years ago. I was at Fair Park at the Science place on a school field trip. Diana, the principal, had me paged. She told me to round up the students, get them back on the bus, and come back to Gunter. Several of the students had portable radios. We listened in awe as we drove back to Gunter. When we got back, I remember going into David Gage's classroom just staring at the TV. 
  • We started a new Bible study two weeks ago. I knew that we were going to be in for a treat with Beth Moore, but I also knew that it was going to be a challenge. Each study I have done with our Ladies' Ministry group has been so relevant to my personal life at the moment. This one is Believing God. Without a doubt, God is going to increase my faith through circumstances.
  • I am thankful to have Rickie in my life. I would hate to be going through all this "home alone." He has been more than patient with me while I have been on my emotional roller-coaster these last several weeks. 
I really do not mean for this to sound like a "downer." Life really is good for me. I am thrilled for the opportunities that Chad is going to have abroad. I love Tara. My school year has started out very smoothly. The grandchildren are all at fun stages. Abby makes me laugh daily. God continues to show Himself daily.

No comments:

Post a Comment