Tuesday, March 27, 2012
The little calf I wrote about in the last post has had a tragic experience. She got caught in a huge cedar tree and was stuck for about 24-20 hours. She could not stand up nor could she nurse. Rick has been milking the mother cow and bottle feeding the baby. The baby calf is about as thin as she could possibly be. Time will tell. Rick says that I can not name the calf until it stands by itself.
Thursday, March 22, 2012
Sunday, March 18, 2012
As this spring break comes to a close, it was another fun-filled time for me. I think that this is always one of the fastest weeks of the year, and I even started mine two days early. I will just list a few of the highlights of my week:
- A ladies' trip to Asheville, Gatlingburg, and Pigeon Forge in which we toured the Biltmore Mansion, the Great Smoky Mountains, the Blue Ridge mountain pass, and some cemeteries.
- We finished our income taxes to send on to the CPA.
- Rick and I went to the Good Guys car show.
- We planted our garden hoping the frost is over.
- I worked on a patchwork quilt.
- I read a book that Keelie gave me for Christmas about learning to be thankful for everything.
- We went to two baseball games of the grand kids and a birthday party for another.
- The Easter bunny came, and we decorated the house for Easter.
- Rick and I took my jeep out for several rides at night. There is just something rejuvenating about the wind blowing in your face going down the road.
- God blessed us with the perfect weather all week. It was amazing!
Did you notice something missing from the list? I did NO spring cleaning. Maybe that is why the week was so fun-filled.