Pages

Saturday, March 7, 2009

Fireproof


Rick had to go out of town on business, so I have been home alone  for the last 24 hours. This is something that I detest. I do not like any part of being at home by myself especially after dark. Missy even knew that something was not right. Bottom line - we missed Rick. Don't get me wrong, it is more than being home alone. I am a romantic, and I love my man. Today while I was at the house I picked up and read my next book,  Fireproof.  It was incredible - with suspense, humor, romance, and God in a big way. As the young couple, non-christians, are preparing for divorce, the young man's father challenges him to a 40-day experiment - "The Love Dare." He has to commit to the challenge of each day as a dare. Through the book the couple finds the meaning of love and God. Caleb, the husband and captain of a fire department, lives by the motto that you never leave your partner. He fails to see that this should carry on to his personal life, until he starts the experiment. During the forty days, a transformation takes place in Caleb's life and then it spills over into Catherine's life. Because of the "love dare", the young couple find God and how to truly love each other. My prayer is that I can apply some of the lessons about love and life that Catherine and Caleb discover through this story, so that our marriage will also be "fireproof."

No comments:

Post a Comment