Pages

Saturday, January 12, 2019

Challenge

I have several challenges with my genealogy, but I think the biggest "challenge" I have for myself this year, other than keeping up with this blog, is that I want to find out why each of my families came to Grayson County and settled here. In the previous post I showed an approximation when each family came, but now I need to know why! This will take some major research on my part.

I just read Grayson County: An Illustrated History of Grayson County by Graham Lundham, written in 1960, looking for reasons why people came to Grayson County. There were several interesting stories in this book, such as.... the early settlers conflicts with the Indians, a journal of what it was like  and how long it would take to travel from Nashville, Tn to Grayson County, and life of the early settlers as they got to Grayson. However, I still do no know WHY my family came to Grayson County.

Hopefully, as I find the information I will come back here and add it.



No comments:

Post a Comment