Pages

Monday, January 7, 2019

52 Ancestors in 52 Weeks

This year I have a different idea for this blog. I am sure that I will not make the 52 blogs in 52 weeks, but I will at least have a topic for my blogs and a reason to blog. I love genealogy and family history, so this was the perfect project for me this year.

FIRST
That is the topic for the first blog. I think I will start by writing about first things first. I was born in to Kenneth and Bennie Scoggins. So when I think of my direct ancestors, I usually start with the Scoggins line. However, I can easily expand this to other lines. I then remembered a file that I have where I composed a list of when each of the family lines FIRST came to North Texas - Grayson County.

Scoggins
1875 – Lindsey Hamilton came to Grayson County
1876 – 1879 Birth and death of John Henry and Julia Paton Scoggin – Grayson C.
1880 – Lindsey/William – Grayson County (prec. 4), Texas
1897 – Sally and George Marlow Married – Howe
1904 – William and Sarah bought Scoggins home place

Taylor
1881 – Sally Lucille Taylor – Flora, Madison County, Miss
1882 – Collin County, Tex (Sally in Texas)
1886 – Near Gunter (Birth of Shelby Russell Taylor)
1897 – Sally and George Marlow Married – Howe
1902-1904 Bought Tioga home place

Henderson
1855 – John Henry Henderson – Moreau, Cole Country, Missouri
1870 -  John Henry in census in Cooke County
1874 – John Henry married Mary Bean in Cooke County
1875 – John Robert Henderson – Cooke, County, Texas
1894 – Henry Eaf Henderson – Collinsville, Grayson, County, Texas

Francis
1910 – Calvin and Cora in Gunter, Texas


No comments:

Post a Comment