Pages

Monday, January 9, 2012

Willys Jeeps

      I thought I would take a break from writing about the wedding to write a post about my Christmas present from Rick. Christmas Day night after all the company had left and it was down to the boys and us, we opened our family presents. At this time I received my annual poem from Rick. I knew immediately that it was some kind of riding toy or vehicle, I just did not know what kind. I had to find the clue that ended up in the inside of one of my Christmas trees. After much searching, I did find the picture - a 1947 Willys jeep.
      Last year I got a 1947 Willys jeep in really bad shape that needs an extreme amount of work on it. Here is the post about it.Another Project - Happy Birthday, Daddy)  I had  made comments throughout the year about the jeep, but I knew Rick was not too excited about fixing it up. So he bought me one ready to go - almost. I was thrilled with my present.
     As Paul Harvey would say "For the rest of the story..." This is where the irony and humor comes in. The irony of this is for our Christmas contest, I suggested that Rick create a jeep out of a milk carton. He designed and painted this jeep the day after he had gone to Fort Worth to buy my jeep. He tied for second with his creation. The humor is that after he and I went back to Fort Worth to get the jeep, he confessed that this was the second jeep he had bought me in three weeks. He found one on the internet. Rick's brother went to San Antonio to pick this one up for Rick. He then found the other jeep and like it better. So right now we have THREE 1947 Willys jeeps.

No comments:

Post a Comment