Pages

Friday, September 10, 2010

Bennie Scoggins

June 21, 1923 - September 10, 2005

This morning as I was backing out of the garage the first words I heard from the radio were, “When you think of me smile.” This was another evidence of the providence of God. Today marks the five-year anniversary of my mother’s death. I had already been thinking a great deal about her this week because of the Labor Day weekend. I know that Diana and I have written many posts about this great lady, but I could not let this day go without acknowledging her one more time.

There are so many things that I could write about her, but this morning it was her pride that came to my mind first.  The pride was in all areas of her life – looks, family, car, and house. I assure you that only a very few people every saw her without her make-up on and her hair “fixed.”  She loved “pretty” clothes. She was the epitome of a lady.  

 We lived in a farm house that looked good. She kept it spotless inside and out. After Daddy passed away she would go out before normal people got up to paint – the well, the garage, the doors, etc.

I could go on forever, but I think in remembrance of this great lady, I may go buy myself something “pretty” this weekend. I will decide later what it is that will make me smile and remember Mother.

No comments:

Post a Comment