Pages

Monday, September 6, 2010

Another Great Holiday - Scoggins Style

As I reflect on this Labor Day holiday, the legacy that our parents started many years ago continues - good food, fun, fellowship and birds with a few additions of our own. Chad and friends came in on Friday. We got to go hear his friend sing - Rick would add ALL night long. I got to watch Chad work on our mission project for the church, which always does a mom good. The kids then went to the lake house. They got to have fun on the lake with the water toys. We went to another oldie concert - Three Dog Night. Then Sunday I took the day off to cook and hang out at the lake. I am so ready for fall. The girls and I just sat on the porch under the trees and enjoyed the cooler temperatures. Then today at Diana's, we celebrated  Jenna's birthday with another great meal and family time. To end the weekend, we fished off the dock with Cade and Cali. I know you might be thinking where are the birds. Well as I was thinking about writing a post earlier today I was going to say that Gregory's weekend included several bird hunts in west Texas. However, after the kids had left right before dark, while Rick and I were still fishing; the dove flew over  - first two, then three. It was like they were putting the finishing touch on a great holiday weekend.

1 comment:

  1. This sounds like an ideal way to spend a holiday and I like the idea of a lake house.

    ReplyDelete