But I have promises to keep,
And miles to go before I sleep,
And miles to go before I sleep.
This seemed to be the theme for our recent girls' trip. We covered 1300 miles in 11 days/10 nights being tourists in the New England states. I got stars on my US map for 6 new states to visit - Massachusetts, Vermont, New Hampshire, Connecticut, Maine, and Rhode Island. We work at being tourists. Our goal is to see how much we can see and do in 18 hour days. Without boring you with too many details or pictures, I will give you a quick overview of the highlights.
- Boston - The Freedom Trail and lots of history
- Cape Ann and Salem Witches
- Maine - an old-fashioned Dairy Queen with the best ice cream blizzard
- New Hampshire - mountains and black flies that bite
- Vermont - The Von Trapp family with the hills filled with the "Sound of Music"
- a cog ride to the top of the mountain, Ben & Jerry's ice cream factory
- Connecticut - one of the United States largest casinos
- Newport - the Breakers, the Vanderbilt's mansion
- Providence, Rhode Island - history
- Hyannis Port and Nantucket - windmills and light houses
- Cape Cod - Provincetown
- Plymouth Rock - history
I assure you of three things:
- the trip was well-documented with many pictures.
- great food was eaten.
- the Golden Girls have nothing on us.