Marilyn's To Do
For decorating the house for Christmas
My goal is to start the week before Thanksgiving, so that I do not have to spend the time off I have for Thanksgiving for decorating. This is a challenge because I do have a trip planned to Ruidosa the week before Thanksgiving.
1. Take down all pictures and move out things to get ready for Christmas.
2. Dust and clean.
Now the transformation begins. This is the order that it normally takes place. I do this very methodically, and it does take time and energy.
3. Hang 10 wreaths.
4. The village on the bookcase
5. Nativity set on the mantle.
6. Decorate dinner table and kitchen counter.
7. Unload quilt box of trinkets.
8. Bring out the bears and other animals
8. Assemble and put lights on trees.
9. Decorate den tree
10. Decorate gameroom tree
11. Get greenery and poinsettas out
12. Empty storage box in gameroom
13. Tie bows on anything plain
I think if there is a way to describe my house during the holidays it is "gawdy." The movie "Christmas Vacation" is a good description of the inside of my house.
14. When the boys come in for Thanksgiving, then the lights and yard decorations go out.
It is hard to believe that this transformation is just a few weeks away.