Pages

Monday, July 24, 2017

Diana Scoggins Ferguson - July 25, 1956

Happy birthday to my twin sister, (who just happened to be born 12 months before me), my best friend, my traveling buddy, and my partner in crime. I am so blessed to call you all the above. Although Mother had thoughts about having two of us girls so close together, God knew what He was doing. Diana is a good Christian Southern girl that made even Bennie Scoggins proud.

I find it easier to just list qualities and characteristics about my loved ones So these are in no certain order but just a few things about Diana.
  • She cooks, cleans, cans, and quilts. She is a great homemaker with a house that always welcomes family, friends, and Bible study groups.
  • She loves and cares greatly for her family. She is truly the Matriarch of the Ferguson clan. She is a great "Nana" to all her grandchildren.
  • She is a great Christian woman with a heart for God. She leads our Women's Ministry at the church. and leads one of the Bible studies.  She is one of the most faithful followers that you will find. She has carried on the work of many of our ancestors that were instrumental in Baptist churches. She stayed on course to the faith. 
  • She loves God's nature and to travel to witness the beauty of His creation. I am fortune to get to go on  three ladies' trips a year plus some family trips to discover new places and things. She is a great traveling partner. Even the few trips that she has been sea sick on or rough airplane rides that upset her stomach - she is always a trooper - ready to do it again.
  • She truly is a trooper. All you have to see to believe this is see her driving the big red truck pulling their fifth-wheel down the road. Whatever the challenge is - she is ready for it.
  • Diana is prim-and-proper. She may have Daddy's looks and features, but there is no doubt that she has Mother's grace and style. 
  • She was my "boss", two times in my working days. When we 18 and 19, we went to Gainesville to open a clothes store. She was the manager - my boss. I joked that I was the "maintainance" man that did all the dirty work. Years later she was my boss again - Principal of Gunter Middle School. I may be prejudice, but of all the principals I taught under- she was the best. As a Principal her main concern was always - what was best for the student!
But there is so much more than just this. She is my best friend. She gets "me".  WE enjoy a good strong Diet Coke like no other, and she knows her Diet Cokes. We think a lot alike,  and we have the same taste in many things. Where you see one of us, the other is not far behind. Retirement life is so much fun, because I know I have someone that is up for the challenge or the meal of the day.

Diana gave me a book 13 years ago with great "classic" pictures of us that is worth sharing portions of it, because it sums our relationship so well.

Crazy About My Sister... And Glad You are Mine

I am crazy about my sister, because

  • she has stuck by me through thick and thin.
  • she and I have always been great at sharing. (food, gum, cokes, etc..)
  • we know how to make each other laugh.
  • of all the wonderful talks we had as little girls ( and the many games of riddle, riddle marie)
  • we both savor life's simple pleasures.
  • she has a wonderful sense of family values.
  • we were always such angels together.
  • because of her zest for life.
  • we both love the holidays.
  • we both picked up a few "quirks" from our mother.
  • we have survived ups and downs together.
  • she sees past my faults.
  • of our shared memories that will last a lifetime.
  • God knew that we needed each other.


Diana's family

I was tempted to put one of those really cute pictures here, but she has always threatened me with paybacks. So here is one of her and her family that she will be ok with.

Love you and I can't imagine life without you,
Marilyn

No comments:

Post a Comment