Pages

Wednesday, May 5, 2010

Somewhere over the rainbow!

and the dreams that you dare to dream really do come true”.


This is the view I had of the rainbow Monday night. During the rain, Rick and I went to the Sonic to pick up my gift that I had won in their 6 year anniversary celebration. I won a bicycle - not just any bicycle, but a very special bicycle. At 52 years old, this is the FIRST bicycle I have ever owned. Growing up on the farm, Diana and I had dolls and play kitchens to amuse us. We never owned our own bicycles. I do remember borrowing one or two on occasion, but we never had our own. 


This is a mountain bike with shocks and springs. It also came with a helmet. "So I guess dreams do come true" even late in life. Or as I really think about it and my coordination, the more accurate quote is "thanks for unanswered prayers". A bicycle in my youth might have been a catastrophe.

2 comments:

  1. If few think a bicycle in your youth would have been catastrophic, what do you expect it to be getting a bike at this age?!?!?

    ReplyDelete
  2. Chad has a point! But maybe we can ride anyway.......

    ReplyDelete