Pages

Friday, February 15, 2019

Love

I really do not know too many stories about my grandparents and "greats" relationships, but I do know about my parents. One of my favorites and one of the last is the week my father died. It was April 11 - three days before he passed away. He was sick and had been in the hospital. He was pretty much stuck at home. This morning he told mother to go get him a dollar bill. She argued with him that he did not need a dollar bill, that he was not going anywhere. He kept on until she brought him one. He had cut a heart out of the newspaper and had taped a fifty dollar bill to it. He gave it to her for their anniversary - a dollar for every year they had been married - 49 years.
When he passed away, some part of my mother died, too. She really never got over losing him although she lived 15 more years without him. . Even though they were pretty much opposites in many areas, what they had - worked. I guess they balanced each other out with their love and respect for each other.

No comments:

Post a Comment