Pages

Thursday, January 3, 2013

December 2012

Rick and I in Chicago at the Blackstone Hotel


December just continued the holiday season with excitement. The week after the wedding Rick and I got to go to Chicago for a business/pleasure trip. His business - my pleasure. I wanted to see Chicago at Christmas. The weather was perfect for me to do the Hop-a-Bus city tours. We stayed at the historical Blackstone Hotel; and I went to the Chicago Art Institute. We also ate at some fun places with not your typical southern menus.

Macy's in Chicago
I turned in my resignation, because of the financial state of the school district. I now can't wait to see what God has in store for me in 2013. This will definitely be a new chapter in my life. 

We did all the usual - Christmas parties, Church Christmas cantata and services, Christmas lights with the grandchildren, Christmas crafts, lots of food events, and a visit from Santa.
Santa and the sisters














The unusual also happened this year - We had a white Christmas, in which Greg and Lisa made it to Gunter just in time. Even though Chad and Tara did not get to join us, we did get to skype several times plus all our normal phone calls and messages. 
A White Christmas
Greg's gift to Lisa

We did have to adjust for my MARRIED kids this year, but that is OK. I know that even though we were not together doing the normal family traditions, they each started their own traditions with their wives. The best gift I have is knowing that they are with someone they love. What more can a mom ask for!


Rick's gift to me was a new camera lens. Hopefully,  I will do even better posting pictures on here. I am determined to learn the different settings on my camera this next year.


As the year comes to an end, 2012 was life changing for our family - I gained two "drop-dead gorgeous" daughter-in-laws that makes my boys extremely happy. Rick is still keeping me happy, so I can say that we are truly Blessed. God has blessed us richly. My wish for whomever is reading this is that you can say the same.

May you have a very Blessed 2013!

No comments:

Post a Comment