Pages

Friday, April 15, 2011

Not Our Typical Friday Night Date

The setting is Friday night in Gunter with the wind blowing atleast 50 MPH. First we have a baseball game of Cade's, one of the grandchildren, in the 6U division. Dirt, baseball caps, and children were blowing everywhere. Next Rick says let's go to the farm. I am still in my school clothes; but on lots of trips to the farm, that is appropriately dressed. Not tonight. The cows were near the corral so he decides this is a great time to turn little boy calves into steers - with my help, of course. Forget that I have on my new shoes that I bought for my New York trip, it is windy, and it is cool. As I have stated times before, Rick expects me to know what he means when we are working cows. Tonight I let one of the cows that we were going to band out of the chute. OOPS! It is a shame that I did not get to photograph the banding process.

No comments:

Post a Comment