Pages

Monday, December 7, 2020

My Experience With CoVid 19

 The week of November 15 Rick and I did our normal activities. We went to playoff volleyball games, basketball games, church, and a playoff football game on Thursday night. Friday morning, I woke up with a snotty nose, but thought nothing of it. Diana had her grandkids, so we made a day of it. Saturday morning November 21, I woke up with  an aching feeling and some congestion. I didn't have any energy so I laid around and took naps most of the day. Sunday I was a little suspicious so I chose not to go to church or to be around anyone. I did not sleep as much today. Monday still congested, but I felt better. I did continue to stay isolated from everyone. However, with it being Thanksgiving I knew that I needed to be tested before Chad and his family came to Gunter. I went to a drive through testing center at GCC. Tuesday afternoon at 6 PM I received the text that I did test POSITIVE. So all Thanksgiving activities were canceled for all of our families. Wednesday came, and I noticed that I could not taste my toothpaste when I brushed my teeth. So at this time, I had lost my taste and smell. Rick had a mild sore throat so he decided to be tested also. He was positive, also; even though he had the lightest case ever. Diana and I decided to trade some food for Thanksgiving. She cooked the turkey, cream potatoes, and vegetables. I cooked the dressing, rolls, and salad. It was a challenge to cook a meal that you can not taste how anything is seasoned. I watched Hallmark movies and put two Christmas puzzles together. We stayed in our 10 days and away from people for 14 days. My taste and smell did come back after a week. Luckily no one else got the virus from us, even though Diana and Jenna's kids quarantined for 14 days. 

No comments:

Post a Comment