Pages

Sunday, October 18, 2020

My Wanderlust

 CoVid has affected me in several ways, but one that stands out is my desire to travel. We had our lady trip canceled with no other hope to travel. So then when my birthday was approaching, I decided that I wanted to go to the cabin for my birthday. We went August 1-5 to what I call my "happy place." One day we went to Santa Fe, one day to Chama, and one day Red River. The night before my birthday, Rick had a spell of confusion. Later this was quite humorous to us.

   Then in September, we were visiting with Roger and he invited us to go to Yellowstone with them and James/Kay Williams. I immediately found a way. I called this our Anniversary trip September 26 - October 4. Rick and I flew into Salt Lake City. They picked us up at the airport and the adventure began. We spent 3 days in Yellowstone, 2 days in the Grand Tetons, 1 day driving to Cheyenne,  1 day driving to Dodge City, and then 1 day driving to Texas. We were gone nine days. Amazing as it is, Rick never got homesick or bored. We kept him busy day and night diving and hiking. We saw everything there was to see - geysers, waterfalls, mud pots, and lots of wildlife. It ranked up there with Alaska.

  Then in October, Zach was supposed to get married on October 17. Avery's parents both got CoVid so the wedding was postponed on Wednesday. It was a "Bye" week for sports. Rick had worked hard to get all the farming done, so we had really nothing to do. On the spur of the moment, we decided to go to the cabin again. This time we took Sue Lewis, Rick's cousin with us. One day we went to Santa Fe, one day we went to Red River, and one day we stayed around the cabin. 

I have to admit that Rick's retirement has been great for my "wanderlust".


No comments:

Post a Comment