Pages

Thursday, October 8, 2009

This Little Chair of Mine


This little chair of mine,

I use it all the time,

To reach the things I couldn't,

And lots of things I shouldn't!!!

I changed the words just a little of the childhood poem. It is so ironic that Keelie and Di both wrote about chairs. Last week when I got home from Florida, Rick had finished restoring my little chair. This chair is an original from the old Gunter school building that I actually attended. I have this chair from the old two-story elementary building and a all-in-one desk from the old high school building. (I will also say that Rick cleaned my stove spotless. I should have taken a picture of it. It really looks like it has never been used. The rain and me being gone worked in my favor.)

The chair is used for everything in our house. I use it mainly for a footstool. In fact, my feet are on it as I am typing this blog. Rick uses it to sit on every morning to put his shoes on for work. Plus it is always used for a step stool. The reason that it had to be restored is because when he painted the ceilings, it was perfect to paint off; therefore, it had paint all over it. Now as we use it, we will be much more careful with what we do with it.



5 comments:

  1. It made me think of the chair that I am sitting on at our computer, that used to be my Grandma's. I don't know how old it is, but I like it!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Awe. Poor Rick! I can just picture him pacing around the house trying to figure out what he could work on next since it was raining.

    Sweet little chair!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Ooohhh, I'm bringing mine down there!! They need a little TLC, too.

    ReplyDelete
  4. For about 15 years it has been perfect for putting those dang Christmas lights on the house!

    ReplyDelete